Keepin It Kozy

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas Decor and Projects

It was such a nice day here in Nebraska!! Blue skies, no wind and the temperature was in the 50's, which is unusual for this time of year. I'm loving this weather and hoping the white stuff passes by us this year. I know, I know what is Christmas without the white stuff.
It seems that Christmas is in the air earlier and earlier each year. Every year there are new colors and new styles for Christmas decorating. Each year I toss around ideas of how I should decorate my home. This year I've determined that I will decorate with what nature has given me, along with a few homemade items. Let the search and crafting begin!!
Yesterday was my first attempt at dried apple slices. The process was quite simple and I loved the aroma that filled my home. Thanks to A Primitive Place & Country Journal-Winter 2011 issue for the article on Decking the Halls with Drieds (pg. 86)!! They must have read my mind!! Another excellent issue created by A Primitive Place & Country Journal staff!!
Today I headed out to the park to search for some pine cones to add to my Christmas decor. Nature is one of the greatest treasures that we all have been given, plus it is free!!
I'll post pictures once I've completed my holiday decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment