Keepin It Kozy

Monday, June 20, 2011

Walnut, IA treasures

Well another successful trip to Walnut, IA this year. I wasn't sure how the trip was going to go since it rained almost the whole way there. We arrived and started the adventure. Most of the vendors had their items still covered in tarps hoping that the rain would pass. I made it through the first street with only a light sprinkle. We stopped to eat some breakfast provided by the Walnut Fire Department. Which may I add, they always do a great job! After breakfast the downpour began, and the rain lasted for a couple of hours. This provided the town businesses with business that they may have missed out on. Rain let up about noon and the sun and the people came out to play. One of my search items this adventure was for a dry sink. While I did find a couple, I did miss out on what had to be one of the greatest deals of the day. I was a mere second away from calling the dry sink mine, when I heard a man say that it had just been SOLD. I was sad that the item had sold, but sick when I heard that the man only paid 'ONE HUNDRED FIFTY' dollars for the item. I guess this just means that I will find a better dry sink that I can call mine. It was a great day even with the rain. My treasures included: 3 strainers, tart trays, small rag rug, nice oval picture, child's tin tray, 2 very nice rag runners and an old/neat bread board. I found alot of fun treasures and look forward to my next adventure.
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments:

Post a Comment